Astotin Lake Hike

Went camping with my family last weekend at Astotin Lake. The next morning we hiked around the lake.
I made the hubby build me a fire and warm me up first.

On my way to the hiking trail!

Kind of a ballerina pose. Sorry, I just walk while my husband takes pictures.

Woohoo, up a hill.

The bottoms of my feet are ready to take on that gravel path.

Not intimidated by these massive rocks.

They are a little bad for balance though.

Pretty lake!

7 Responses to “Astotin Lake Hike”

1. Anonymous
    September 19, 2012 at 4:14 am #

Do you go barefoot even in the winter? I think it’s great you live a barefoot lifestyle. You look great in your bare feet! It would be impressive if you can be 100% barefoot all year around :-)

• September 19, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

I do go barefoot in the winter, but I live in a climate that does not support barefooting year round. I live in the coldest place on Earth, I think. Our winter 2 years ago was colder than Antarctica. It gets so cold that if I’m not wearing heavy shoes and gloves, my toes and fingers could freeze in less than a minute. I go barefoot up until -40, though.

2. Britt
    September 26, 2012 at 5:20 am #

We have alot in common!
    You’re dating a shorter guy and so am I. You like going around barefoot and so do I.

How do you respond when people ask you about being with a shorter guy? I’m 6 feet tall and my boyfriend is only 5’8. I also weigh about 180 to his 140.
    I actually like shorter guys and am not turned off by the fact that I’m much bigger than he is. He gets ‘thumbs up’ from guys and I get ‘wtf!?’ from girls.
    even my mom is embarrassed she hopes I’ll ‘grow’ out of it. HA!
    I don’t really care what people think though. I love walking into a room with him and being taller than him. At weddings I’m almost always barefoot and he can’t even get close to my height!

• September 26, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

My husband is 5’4″ to my 5’11”. I was weirded out by it at first, so it’s a good thing that we fell in love while sitting down. If people do react, I don’t notice it.

3. Dave
    December 17, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

Britt, and Sierra, brava to you both for your belief in not letting height bother you. I had a good female friend who caved into convention and let a shorter guy go. She married a tall JERK who wound up abusng and cheating on her. The shorter guy she let go? A successful hard working guy who married a great gal and they are living happily ever after! May you and your shorter guys have wonderful holidays. peace

4. August 2, 2015 at 6:34 am #