Picnic in the Park

Today I spoke to an art gallery downtown about getting some of my artwork on display. I walked around downtown and did a little shopping and then had a picnic in a park.
Yummy picnic food included a cheese stick, fruit leather, and carrot sticks.

I wore my barefoot sandals to avoid getting yelled at by security.

Downtown streets turned the bottom of my feet black.

Oh look, yummy picnic food in my lap!

And then Peter poked my foot.

Still trying to figure out my timer on my camera so I can get decent photos without help.

Dirty feet!

Next time I go downtown, I’ll remember to take some wipes with me.

28 Responses to “Picnic in the Park”

1. Anonymous
    August 30, 2012 at 8:18 pm #

I love that ankle bracelet you wear!.

2. Anonymous
    August 31, 2012 at 3:45 am #

Looks like you need a foot massage.

• September 2, 2012 at 2:51 am #

I love foot massages.

3. Anonymous
    August 31, 2012 at 3:45 am #

Pretty feet!

4. Anonymous
    September 4, 2012 at 9:43 pm #

Sierra look at the sole of your left foot in the picture. There is something stuck to the sole of your foot that you carelessly stepped on. Are you usually careful where you step or do you not care what you may step on?

• September 5, 2012 at 1:49 am #

No, that’s not something that I stepped on, it’s just a rough patch. I don’t care what I step on, aside from hot coals.

• September 5, 2012 at 1:50 am #

Unless you’re referring to the leaf stuck to my foot, there’s nothing on my foot.

5. Anonymous
    September 16, 2012 at 2:09 am #

Beautiful photo of the soles of your feet..filthy. Wow. But, what angers me is you saying you need to take wipes with you!? Geez leave them like that…why be barefoot and constantly wipe or clean your soles? There is nothing to be embarrassed about. No need to bring wipes…the barefoot lifestyle leads to filthy soles. Stop trying to keep them clean. Also black soles repel other things on the ground and help them to get more calloused, cracked and dry. I’m glad you didn’t have any wipes! (I love your feet Sierra:)

• September 17, 2012 at 1:32 pm #

I had a job interview immediately following this and didn’t want to track dirt in. I also take wipes to clean my feet off before entering homes. It’s a courtesy thing.

6. Patrick Connaughton
    August 6, 2013 at 3:45 am #

I don’t see why people find you going barefoot wrong. I see nothing wrong with going barefoot. I have always gotten a good laugh out for the sine on restaurants that says “no shoes, no shirt no service.” But if you take the sign seriously then all you need to get service is just a shirt and some shoes but you don’t have to wear any pants. Also there is no law anywhere that says that you have to wear shoesat all.

7. Efram Paul
    October 17, 2013 at 2:19 am #

Why? You would not do that if you were wearing shoes.

• sierra
      October 17, 2013 at 3:04 am #

But if I had been wearing shoes, I would remove them upon entering a residence to avoid tracking dirt in.

8. jox
    February 8, 2014 at 1:04 pm #

Are you walking barefoot in public toilets?Have you problem with this?

• sierra
      February 8, 2014 at 5:22 pm #

I go barefoot everywhere, even public toilets. It doesn’t bother me.

9. Ben
    March 8, 2014 at 6:57 am #

Sexy feet!

10. A new fan
    May 6, 2014 at 5:28 am #

Hi Sierra

Just came across your site via the link on blogger (your other blog on Google Blogspot), and though I’ve already posted two comments on that site, I just wanted to send over a short email saying, a) BRAVO! for not being afraid to publicly enjoy and be proud of walking barefoot and b) You have some fantastic pictures up on the site, very well done.

Needless to say you have a new fan now to add to your already teeming list! I’m a writer (I’ll let you guess the genre), and a huge lover of female feet, and probably everything related …I’d love to make suggestions on future photographs (depending upon your target audience), but only when you need them. :)

And last, but not least with regard to bringing wipes “next time” (the picnic in the park set), you don’t need wipes for those lovely soles, rather … but I better stop there!

Very Respectfully,

A new fan (BTW, your contact@ … email address isn’t working … )

• sierra
      June 10, 2014 at 8:50 pm #

sierrathebarefootgirl@gmail.com is my contact email address. I haven’t had any other issues with it. Maybe try again? Sorry for the slow reply, I’ve been really sick.

11. pdm78
    January 17, 2015 at 10:50 am #

i wnna be a barefooter. but im scare about the opinion of the people how de you recomend me to do whith family negatives coments?

• sierra
      February 1, 2015 at 12:32 am #

Honestly, it will take getting used to. People are going to give you weird looks. You may get kicked out of stores for being barefoot because most people still think it is against the law or health code even though it is not. My best advice is to just start going barefoot. The people around you will get used to it. I honestly haven’t had anyone comment on me being barefoot in months, but when I first started going barefoot it was a daily thing. Good luck!

12. anon
    May 19, 2015 at 8:53 pm #

Do they ever stink?

• sierra
      May 29, 2015 at 5:07 pm #

Nope. Foot odor, like all body odor, comes from bacteria which is in sweat. Feet only smell if they are in conditions that allow the bacteria to grow, such as the warm, dark insides of socks and shoes. Since my feet are always exposed to fresh air, the bacteria never get a chance to multiply and therefore do not cause an odor.

13. January 7, 2016 at 9:31 am #

Hello Sierra!

I hope you have, You and tour family, a very happy new year.

I love a lot thèse pictures, with yoyr nixe feet and toes and ankle bracelet and barefoot sansals.
    It s very Nice.

14. Matt
    March 3, 2016 at 1:59 am #

Typically, how do you de-stress those toes at the end of the day?

• sierra
      April 16, 2016 at 5:45 pm #

An epsom salt foot scrub with lavender and peppermint essential oils.

• Matt
        April 18, 2016 at 9:54 pm #

Where does one find those?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Thanksgiving in the Park | Sierra the Barefoot Girl - October 13, 2015

[…] fan emailed me this week asking me to recreate some of the photos from my Picnic in the Park post, my #1 most popular post of all […]